05-04-2020, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the post bearman56, I'm very interested in cast bullets for my RAP. I'm in the process of milling down a lee 160 soup can mold (sounds like something left too long in the fridge)
. I'll mill first to around 140 grains. My thinking is if you are keeping velocity in the 1800 to 2200 fps range, might as well have as much bullet weight (energy) as possible. If it stinks I'll then mill it to 120 grains.
I expect as good accuracy as I get in .308 cast bullets (1 moa or less) so if the Lee mold won't get me there, next stop is NOE.
. I'll mill first to around 140 grains. My thinking is if you are keeping velocity in the 1800 to 2200 fps range, might as well have as much bullet weight (energy) as possible. If it stinks I'll then mill it to 120 grains.I expect as good accuracy as I get in .308 cast bullets (1 moa or less) so if the Lee mold won't get me there, next stop is NOE.

