04-24-2020, 10:48 PM
A slow 18 is like a 16 and a fast 18" barrel is like a 20". Every barrel is unique so you don't know which kind of 18er you'd be getting.
What is your purpose for getting it?
Honestly only you can make the call on it.
PSA is a pretty good rack level setup. I wouldn't expect the weight to be much different, 2" of steel is maybe 2 oz...
For my part I had an 18 but got rid of it and now have 16 and 20, they suit me well. Had a 12.5 and just didn't care for it so it's gone too.
Biggest improvement you can do if you want to get a step up is to upgrade your barrel, either the 16er or the 20.
I'd take that $699 save some for ammo and get a 20" lilja barrel -- now you're talking improvement. It's what I did and I know now I should have done this earlier. Mark at PF has them but you can get it direct from Lilja sooner. Mark's are plenty good too. My "lila" is a hummer.
If you want, then put the remaining 199 into an improved optic (sell or trade whatever you have now) and you're off to the races.
What is your purpose for getting it?
Honestly only you can make the call on it.
PSA is a pretty good rack level setup. I wouldn't expect the weight to be much different, 2" of steel is maybe 2 oz...
For my part I had an 18 but got rid of it and now have 16 and 20, they suit me well. Had a 12.5 and just didn't care for it so it's gone too.
Biggest improvement you can do if you want to get a step up is to upgrade your barrel, either the 16er or the 20.
I'd take that $699 save some for ammo and get a 20" lilja barrel -- now you're talking improvement. It's what I did and I know now I should have done this earlier. Mark at PF has them but you can get it direct from Lilja sooner. Mark's are plenty good too. My "lila" is a hummer.
If you want, then put the remaining 199 into an improved optic (sell or trade whatever you have now) and you're off to the races.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

