01-17-2020, 06:48 AM
Anneal before your next sizing. Don't anneal after, there's no benefit. It won't hurt anything, but will waste time. You'll still want to anneal prior to your sizing step. I've had an Annealez for about a year. I'm testing what happens when I anneal cases every time. Started with some Federal. In every case with those, the primer pockets got too big before I lost any due to neck issues. Neck tension was still consistent at 5 loadings, the pockets were loose at 4... and I run light loads with Benchmark and 120 SMKs.
The Hornady however, has been a different story. I have 20 cases that are currently at 12 cycles, going strong, trimmed once at 9 firings.
If I had to put value on the annealing process for Grendel, it's neck tension consistency. Top marks here, there are just fewer issues with it when annealing every firing.
The Hornady however, has been a different story. I have 20 cases that are currently at 12 cycles, going strong, trimmed once at 9 firings.
If I had to put value on the annealing process for Grendel, it's neck tension consistency. Top marks here, there are just fewer issues with it when annealing every firing.
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

