NugginFutz Wrote:Nice write up, Hollis.
You're absolutely right about "being in the zone". Calm mind, steady hands, intent focus.
I had tested some of the Hornady AG and the new ELM through my 22" BHW for comparison, but was disappointed with the AG group. I thought about it, and realized I had been more concerned about printing small groups than I was about breaking the shot. I refocused and shot the same ammo again, but with my mind cleared of any concerns about group sizes. I was only focused on THIS shot and not the next, nor did I watch impacts while shooting. Results were clearly better.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15291[/ATTACH]
Top Right AG group was first, Top Left was the reshoot.
Nice shooting! Was this at 100 yards?
I just shoot groups of 3 because if I shoot 5, I'm scared I'm going to pull one and mess up an otherwise excellent group. As I build confidence and skill level, I'll go back to shooting groups of 5. That's definitely more impressive and better indication if you just got lucky or the gun and you are precise.
Your being out of the zone is better than me in the zone! Let's me know I have lots of room for improvement! But shooting tight groups at paper at 100 yards is just to show me that me, my gun and the ammo have enough precision to move on to shooting metal targets at distance. Then the next step is being able to hit prey at whatever distance (once I get a chance to go hunting). Then I want to be able to shoot off-hand accurately and a lot of other things. But one step at a time!

