01-11-2020, 01:04 PM
Surprising that Bass Pro will price match an internet deal, I don’t know of any store that does that.
Even PSA’s store doesn’t honor their own website deals anymore. A few years ago I’d see a good deal, run to the store and if it was in stock they’d price match. Now they claim it’s ‘a different part number’ even when it’s the same item. Last time I tried that they had a handgun listed on sale for $125 off and I found one at my local store but at full price. When I asked, was told if I want it on sale I have to order it on line and have it shipped, they wouldn’t discount the one in the case. Lesson learned.
Ammoseek shows Hornady Black ELD for 75-80 cents a round from SGAmmo, Carolina Munitions and a few more. But yea, I factor in shipping costs as well so that could add a dime a round to cost. Still cheaper than what I can get locally by the box. And at 3x the cost of Wolf steel, I’m shooting a lot of it these days. Want to try the new Barnaul stuff too and see if it’s noticeably better, In other calibers Barnaul ammo is my choice for bang for the buck.
Glad to hear a good BCA story. I like mine.
Even PSA’s store doesn’t honor their own website deals anymore. A few years ago I’d see a good deal, run to the store and if it was in stock they’d price match. Now they claim it’s ‘a different part number’ even when it’s the same item. Last time I tried that they had a handgun listed on sale for $125 off and I found one at my local store but at full price. When I asked, was told if I want it on sale I have to order it on line and have it shipped, they wouldn’t discount the one in the case. Lesson learned.
Ammoseek shows Hornady Black ELD for 75-80 cents a round from SGAmmo, Carolina Munitions and a few more. But yea, I factor in shipping costs as well so that could add a dime a round to cost. Still cheaper than what I can get locally by the box. And at 3x the cost of Wolf steel, I’m shooting a lot of it these days. Want to try the new Barnaul stuff too and see if it’s noticeably better, In other calibers Barnaul ammo is my choice for bang for the buck.
Glad to hear a good BCA story. I like mine.

