A5BLASTER Wrote:Really cause I'm not seeing it priced at a dollar a round. I don't count the cost of shipping and tax in the price of the ammo because that's just part of doing business online.
If I buy a box of ammo online and it's priced at 75 cents a round, well that's what I payed for it.
If you find a box of ammo on the shelf your going to pay tax's on it as well and that adds to the overall price. Doesn't it?
Guess it's all in how you look at it. But if it's labeled as 75 or 65 or 25 cents a round that's what your paying for it. To me tax's and shipping fees doesn't figure into it. Your going to pay that No matter where you buy the ammo.
Some stores charge higher tax's on off the shelf items then some online retailers charge for tax's and shipping.
Like I said it's all how you look at it.
When comparing prices I add up every penny charged divided by the number of rounds purchasing. That's also the number I keep in mind as the cost of every pull of the trigger. I make the same calculation buying online or at retail store. Not too long ago, most online stores didn't charge tax but that seems to have changed recently. No tax gave online shopping an advantage to offset shipping charges, but now, with both tax and shipping fees on top of that, it's not such a good deal.
I'm an engineer/math teacher (love numbers) and a cheapskate (that results from the fact that I don't have an overabundance of disposable income), so I crunch the numbers to consider every penny out of my wallet to make a purchase.

