Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BCA vs Group Barrel - My Adventures with 6.5 Grendel
#26
Hollis Wrote:A5BLASTER,

Help me out here. I went to Ammoseek to see if I could get ELD Black for 6.5 Grendel at a rate "well under a dollar" as you mentioned just to see if I was missing something. The lowest price I found was with GrabAGun. It sold for $16.49 for a box of 20. That sounds good! But then you have to pay $13 for shipping and then tax on top of that. If I buy 200 rounds to reduce the cost per round for the shipping it comes out to $192.56. That's just a few cents below a buck a shot.

What am I missing? (I am able to get deals at times for the Hornady American Gunner for $.75 when bought in bulk, or, as I mentioned, buy the ELD Match at Academy when I gave good discount coupons, but I can't find how to get ELD Match at a good price online.)

You're not missing anything. 6.5 Grendel Hornady brass ammo in-hand is nominally $1 a round. It's by no means casually available at $0.75/round after tax and shipping. With a lot of hard look at hitting the sales just right, and buying in bulk; it can be had for close to it if you time it just right. But it wasn't really accurate to imply doing so is readily available - you aren't doing anything wrong.

I've already gone through about 2500 rounds of Grendel ammo. If I were paying retail prices, that would have been pricey. I use a lot of Wolf Steel, and I reload a lot. I shoot very little factory ammo Grendel; as it's quite expensive.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
BCA vs Group Barrel - My Adventures with 6.5 Grendel - by lazyengineer - 01-10-2020, 08:37 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)