FLshooter Wrote:After I put 200 rounds through my 24 inch 6.5 Grendel BCA SS fluted barrel, It was getting decent groups. And I was happy with it for a while.But for me it just wasn’t consistent and although it could do three-quarter inch groups at 100 yards they would open up at longer distances and when the barrel heated up.Frustrating.
Maybe for hunting a BCA barrel would be fine ,but if you’re shooting for accuracy and consistency you may end up getting frustrated like I did. And I am in no way bashing BCA they have their place. And for $200 you get a lot ,you couldn’t even buy an upper receiver and a handrail for that.
I ended up ordering a 24 inch Bartlein heavy barrel and a .936 GB. I used the BCA upper receiver and a hand guard. As far as I can see BCA parts are fine ,it was just the barrel that gave me fits.
I was experiencing similar results as you state - inconsistencies, unable to hit metal targets after 300 yards (while having no problems doing so with my 7.62x39 Tulammo), etc. I don't think it was a result of heated barrel since the BCA barrel is a heavy barrel and I usually have a minute gap or more between shots. But I can't just blame this on BCA barrel quality. I was shooting worse with the Group Barrel (although I was getting fairly good groups with the GB using Wolf ammo oddly enough). And now I'm getting the best groups of all with the BCA barrel. I'll take a BCA barrel any day if it keeps spitting out 0.3 MOA groups!
This last trip to the range finally gave me very good groups with consistency. Just need to see if this will hold as I go to push this out to further distances.

