Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel
#9
My CZ 527 gave frustratingly mediocre accuracy when new. Hornady Black -the only form of ammo or component I could get at the time- delivered 1.25 MOA; and my handloads were seldom better. The trigger on my CZ was terrible. The proverbial 5 miles of bad road every time I squeezed the trigger. I shot a mule deer with the Hornady ammo a week after I bought it, played with it for the next two months, then shelved it during the colder weather. I finally decided to tackle the problems. I relieved the barrel in the few spots it was tight, pillar bedded and glassed the action and installed a Timney trigger. The improvement was immediate. On a hunch, I glassed the barrel ahead of the action for 2 inches. It seemed to do the trick. Good handloads were shooting bug holes consistently. It is now one of my favorite rifles. ~Riuma
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by Code4 - 11-07-2019, 04:12 AM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by ricsmall - 11-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by FLshooter - 11-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by A5BLASTER - 11-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by VASCAR2 - 11-07-2019, 01:30 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by Code4 - 11-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by Mitdr774 - 11-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by kmon - 11-08-2019, 11:34 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by riuma - 11-23-2019, 01:50 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by jkingrph - 12-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by riuma - 12-04-2019, 03:01 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by A5BLASTER - 12-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by riuma - 12-05-2019, 04:23 AM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by A5BLASTER - 12-05-2019, 04:57 AM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by riuma - 12-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by FLshooter - 12-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by riuma - 12-06-2019, 01:10 AM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by GaGuideMan - 12-06-2019, 02:08 AM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by riuma - 12-07-2019, 07:32 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by tdbru - 01-01-2020, 04:54 AM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by Jmccracken - 01-01-2020, 10:18 PM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by PA452 - 02-03-2020, 04:47 AM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by splashy - 02-03-2020, 08:57 AM
Which Bolt 6.5 Grendel - by AgedWarrior - 02-03-2020, 07:52 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)