Received my Ruger American Predator today
#5
I have tweaked my RAP to satisfaction and am happy with it finally as I hope you will be OP.
Make sure you take the action off that stock and remove the abundance of oil in the threads of the action screws and put a small drop of blue thread locker to hold them. (60 to 65ft/lbs).
I used the ASC 5 round magazines in mine. It likes these as opposed to the C prod factory ten rounders. While you have the action off, adjust the trigger to your liking. (see the manual).
Break the barrel in as you would any rifle.
And last but not least, make sure the barrel is free-floating before and when it's heated up. Just run a paper under it at the range with the barrel hot and make sure it is not binding that paper anywhere. If it is, use a dremel tool to take some of the plastic away from the barrel usually at the end of the forearm.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Received my Ruger American Predator today - by Rosecrans1 - 10-04-2019, 10:03 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)