09-18-2019, 04:18 PM
LR1955:
I’ve never found a one size 0.26” / 6.5mm cleaning rod.
All my google-fu can drum up are sized and marketed for a range such as .22 - .260.
I’ll grant you, I can break just about anything if I get western enough; but how will 36 or so thousandths of extra rod clearance lead to a bent rod?
I’m asking, because I am getting ready to do some JB bore paste lapping. This is about a 5 on the 1-10 western scale.
I’ve never found a one size 0.26” / 6.5mm cleaning rod.
All my google-fu can drum up are sized and marketed for a range such as .22 - .260.
I’ll grant you, I can break just about anything if I get western enough; but how will 36 or so thousandths of extra rod clearance lead to a bent rod?
I’m asking, because I am getting ready to do some JB bore paste lapping. This is about a 5 on the 1-10 western scale.

