09-17-2019, 06:18 PM
grayfox Wrote:Welcome to the horde, sorry it has to be under these circumstances.
I haven't heard or seen any issue reported with bolt lug dimensions, however toolcraft has had to tweak their design at times, for overall bolt length and firing pin length (several threads on here about all that). Is anyone close by with another bolt you could verify with?
Maybe others will chime in. Me personally, I'm not real fond of toolcraft grendel parts... their 556 stuff seems ok but I tend to get my grendel bolts elsewhere. Group buy bolts on here are the best deal going. PF, JP, maxim are others mentioned when it comes to bolts.
If it comes to this, get a second bolt from non-toolcraft and take this one down to be used as spare parts.
I have several BA barrels and they have all been gtg.
Thank you for the response. Good news is that I called Toolcraft and they are exchanging the bolt. They sent me a return label and I dropped it off at the UPS store. Hopefully I'll have the bolt back early next week and the issue will be resolved. To their credit, they were extremely helpful and I appreciate them trying to make this right with an exchange. If this doesn't work, I'll take a look at the group buy.

