Six5x39 Wrote:I have talked my Smith and he says I can do with same diameter as the reciever.
OP : why did you decided to go with 7.5 ? Done some reading and talked to rep and they all recommend going with somewhere 8 or 9 twist . Are you planning to use heavier pills on your build ?
Nope plan on useing the same size pills I use now. 85 to 130 grain. But the 7.5 twist will increase the spin stability when reaching out.
After spending the last 2 years shooting my AA barrel that has a 7.5 twist and it just shoots everything. I'm no longer interested in 8 twist are less. For me from now on it will be 7.5 twist in all my 6.5mm barrels.
Edit to add.
Tighter the twist the better the bullet will stay stable when it drops below supersonic speed.

