09-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Bigs28 Wrote:Ive always used random screw together cleaning rods and bore snakes. Doing some reading, I'm thinking i need a single piece rod and bore guide. Looking for any recommendations on what you guys use in the ar that is not what i already have.
Thanks
B28:
You only got one more choice. One piece rod and wrap around jag. I use Parker Hale rods and jags but I doubt there is much of a difference in outcome if you use some other brand. Get one that is suitable for 6.5 mm. Avoid one size fits all as if you use a 5.56 rod in a 6.5 mm bore, you will eventually bend the rod.
Bore guides work but I doubt a guy will ruin a barrel by not using one. Does make things easier if the guide has a solvent cut out. One piece guide that fits snugly into the receiver is better than a skinny one that uses a rod to hold it in place.
LR55
