07-13-2019, 04:24 PM
I have been reading through the trigger thread again. Noticed the mention of Black powder and double set triggers. I have worn a green uniform and reenacted 1863 CW with the 1859 Burdan Sharps. 54 Caliber paper Cartridge with 70 grains of Black Powder. I have taken that gun out to 600 yards and that double set trigger does work.
A long time ago when I went to gun school, was thought how to rework a trigger made for the AR15. Back then, it was the Mattel Toy. It works. The first AR trigger I worked was crisp, but the trigger gauge indicated a pull of less than 2 pounds. Got to be careful. I have worked a number of the AR triggers on builds with crisp 3 to 4 pound pulls per the gauge. These days when I do that kind of work for me and for my retired type wallet, I do not complain because the trigger works well.
And the Boss of 49 years does not complain either. Well, most of the time.
A long time ago when I went to gun school, was thought how to rework a trigger made for the AR15. Back then, it was the Mattel Toy. It works. The first AR trigger I worked was crisp, but the trigger gauge indicated a pull of less than 2 pounds. Got to be careful. I have worked a number of the AR triggers on builds with crisp 3 to 4 pound pulls per the gauge. These days when I do that kind of work for me and for my retired type wallet, I do not complain because the trigger works well.
And the Boss of 49 years does not complain either. Well, most of the time.

