07-11-2019, 01:55 PM
The trigger is very important to me. With my ARs I want between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 lb that is consistent and crisp. I have one CMC 2.5 drop in that is great but I have 4 POF 3.5 drop in that are also great. I got the POFs on sale for under $100 and they all run between 3 and 3.5 lbs and break like glass. The one that runs 3 lbs had a little gritty feel out of the box. I took it apart and polished the engagements with one pass on each engagement with some crocus cloth and then using a Q-tip with Mother's mag wheel polish I gave it a good polish. Breaks like glass at 3 lbs now. On my bolt guns I like 2.5 lb. I can feel my finger on the trigger but just a little squeeze BOOM. 2lb is too light for me for a hunting rifle. I can't feel my finger on the trigger before it goes boom. I have one bolt rifle, Ruger 77 tang safety, that I got in an estate sale with a 1.5 lb trigger. The fellow was a bench rest target shooter as well as one that liked to work with wild cat calibers. I don't know why he would have had built a hunter class bench rifle on a Ruger 77 but he did. According to the information in his records, and he documented most everything, this rifle started out as a 26" varmint barrel 220 Swift. The barrel was removed and re-bored to 30 cal. with a 1 n 14 twist, chamber end cut and redone and chambered in 30x47 cal. ending up with a 24" barrel. This is the old 300 Savage case with the shoulder pushed back 10 thousands inch but left the same over all length. Back in the 80/90s this was THE hunter class bench rest caliber. This fellow intended to shoot cast bullets in this rifle. It had only been fired about 50 times with some testing loads when he has a heart attack and dies. This rifle is in the factory wood stock that has been fully bedded in bisinite (SP?) and has a Canjar trigger that is 1.5 lbs. This rifle is UNBELEAVABLY ACCURATE. But I have to really be careful shooting it because of the light trigger. I had not shot it for a while until a couple weeks ago and with the first shot it went off before I was ready. I got a bunch of cases, loading dies and document folder and it had a Lyman 12 power target scope mounted on it CHEAP because you had to be a hand loader to even shoot it and there was no factory backed load data. It also took his wife 10 years after his death to start to sale off his stuff because she found out she had cancer and would not live long. A friend of mine helped her sale all his shooting stuff of which there was a Dodge max van packed like a can of sardines full. I bought some other stuff.

