06-26-2019, 07:42 PM
For me having a light trigger w/clean break is very important.Always the first thing I do with any pre built AR15 lower I buy,is change out the mil spec trigger.
Ive spent anywhere from $150-$300ea for the drop in triggers Ive bought and installed.And I have quite a few lowers.This last lower,I wanted to go lower budget.
I got a Palmetto state Armory AR15 MOE lower.Has an Enhanced polished trigger that is coated with slick nickel.It broke at 5lbs,out the box.The price was $149 delivered to FFL + Transfer fee.
I went ahead and installed a $10.99 JP reduced power spring kit.After working it a few times,I got a 3.5 pull on my gauge.And it feels good.And appears to get better the more I use it.
My only concern is that the JP spring kit is reduced power.When I had the upper off and was playing with the trigger,primer strike feels noticeably lighter.I am hoping it does not result in primer ignition failures.
Slapped an upper on it and commenced to shooting.I like it.No problems so far.Trigger is light enough and breaks cleanly.I hit steel @ 200 every time.Feels and shoots as good as any lower I own.
Still,I am concerned about the reduced power.Wondering if any one out there,who has installed a JP reduced power spring kit has had failure to fire issues with it.
Ive spent anywhere from $150-$300ea for the drop in triggers Ive bought and installed.And I have quite a few lowers.This last lower,I wanted to go lower budget.
I got a Palmetto state Armory AR15 MOE lower.Has an Enhanced polished trigger that is coated with slick nickel.It broke at 5lbs,out the box.The price was $149 delivered to FFL + Transfer fee.
I went ahead and installed a $10.99 JP reduced power spring kit.After working it a few times,I got a 3.5 pull on my gauge.And it feels good.And appears to get better the more I use it.
My only concern is that the JP spring kit is reduced power.When I had the upper off and was playing with the trigger,primer strike feels noticeably lighter.I am hoping it does not result in primer ignition failures.
Slapped an upper on it and commenced to shooting.I like it.No problems so far.Trigger is light enough and breaks cleanly.I hit steel @ 200 every time.Feels and shoots as good as any lower I own.
Still,I am concerned about the reduced power.Wondering if any one out there,who has installed a JP reduced power spring kit has had failure to fire issues with it.

