06-07-2019, 06:32 AM
grayfox Wrote:Hmmm. Interesting. Yeah I noted that the dracos stayed hotter pretty much throughout. Heat transfer across the mid-layer (epoxy? or something?) may not be as efficient as thought.
Maybe I missed it but didn't see anything about it being a stiffer/no-stringing barrel vs the d-back... but if that's a claim by the mfr seems as though the dracos' larger diameter would give it some advantage -- since larger diameters are relatively stiffer; of course that generalization goes for all-steel single material barrels. But if dracos is going to make such a claim for its barrels, I'd have 2 caveats:
1. They should put their barrels up against barrels more in line with dracos' $$ selling point, ie, a Lilja, Krieger or bartlein.
2. The two barrels should be of similar diameters to best compare relative stiffness... in fact since weight is also a factor go ahead and flute the regular Lilja/Krieger/Bartlein. Final retail cost will still be in the ball-park of the dracos I think.
Finally I would also think that the regular barrel will have been properly stress relieved. Now you'd have a more apples-to-apples comparison for target accuracy/stringing/what-all.
If the dracos will sell for more like $350, then compare it to those $350-ish barrels. But at $650 this is what I think.
Let's put it up against a proof barrel.

