Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Testing and Evaluation of DRACOS 6.5 Grendel barrel
#11
Excellent job. I appreciate the time and effort you are putting into documenting the testing.

grayfox, I watched a couple of the other Dracos barrel tests. There big selling point is that their barrels don't get as hot inside and hence remain more stable, hence retaining accuracy, right?

This video confused me. They dumped 60 rounds of .223 (2 mags) and the shooter held on to the outside of the barrel and noted that it was still didn't feel hot (120 degrees). They noted that the barrel sleeve was drawing out the heat from the inside. Now, here is what I don't understand. If the heat isn't transferring to the exterior, then the heat must be retained within, yes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me6B30c-tJE
Maybe somebody can school me on thermodynamics.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Testing and Evaluation of DRACOS 6.5 Grendel barrel - by Double Naught Spy - 06-07-2019, 03:07 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)