Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Does a muzzle brake really make a difference?
#13
BCHunter Wrote:So running numbers quickly assuming 8lb rifle the .270 would be 12 lbs at 10 fps. The grendel is 8lbs at 8fps.
A .223 55gr load would be 3ftlbs at 5fps.

Factoring in a browning a-bolt is a 6.5 lb gun and any ar grendel will feel better with or with out a break.

I don’t know about this “running the numbers” but I do agree with the above post from daved20319 about a push vs a punch. The only remaining 223 I have is a hbar colt 16” and it’s recoil is vastly different than all my Grendel’s. It really is like a sharp punch vs the Grendel push.

That’s why I kind of question the numbers you post
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Does a muzzle brake really make a difference? - by rabiddawg - 05-17-2019, 11:31 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)