Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Does a muzzle brake really make a difference?
#3
I'm recoil sensitive as well, although in my case, it's because I'm a wimp, not an injury Rolleyes. For me, a .223 is fun to shoot, auto or bolt, but a .243 isn't. I'm building a bolt action Grendel right now, and it's ending up lighter than I expected. I was going to just wait and see, but then decided to just go ahead and order a brake. Once I've got everything in hand and get to the range for the first time, I'll try it without, then install the brake if I think it's necessary. BTW, just in case you don't know this already, it's not just recoil energy that causes issues, it's also recoil velocity, the punch vs. the shove. All else being equal, a higher recoil velocity will hurt more. Later.

Dave
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Does a muzzle brake really make a difference? - by daved20319 - 05-17-2019, 09:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)