Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Which AR10 for Hunting?
#6
I have a DPMS GII Hunter, 20" 7.62X51.

I like my DPMS but I will say that aftermarket parts are thin at best. I'm not sure what the easiest platform to upgrade is but it's not the GII DPMS's.

I would also like to recommend the .308 for the AR10, one can find good quality commercial ammunition and a bunch of reloading stuff to make it less expensive to feed than one of the well known/liked chamberings.

I would also recommend a barrel length of 20" or an 18" but no less. Let the ballistics of the .308 work for you.
You only think you're alone
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by tomc - 05-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by Bigs28 - 05-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by centerfire - 05-03-2019, 04:00 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by StoneHendge - 05-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by Mesa1978 - 05-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by Warlock - 05-03-2019, 08:49 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by Kswhitetails - 05-06-2019, 01:42 AM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by CJ12 - 05-08-2019, 03:12 AM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by Kswhitetails - 05-10-2019, 06:33 AM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by HuntTXhogs - 05-10-2019, 01:28 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by A5BLASTER - 05-10-2019, 01:33 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by NightFisher - 05-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by Texas - 05-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by Popeye212 - 05-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by HuntTXhogs - 05-11-2019, 07:43 PM
Which AR10 for Hunting? - by meatsweats - 05-13-2019, 08:57 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)