01-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Most plentiful ammo & biggest variety. 5.56 ARs run from the cheapest to the top tier.
Best mag selection. Want 60 or 100 rnd drums? 5.56
Pencil profile barrels. My 5.56 upper is a lightweight 14.5” mid length, so it’s the lightest & softest shooter in my collection.
In ARs I shoot 5.56, 9mm, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .300bo and now 6.5 Grendel. Once I burn thru my stack of surplus 5.45x39 I’ll probably retire that upper since 7n6 isn’t imported anymore. Anything imported is subject to political changes. A panic buy might jump the price of 5.56 or 9mm but it’s also gonna come back.
Only things 5.56 don’t do well is take down a deer or a hog or perform ‘optimally’ thru short barrels. 7.62x39, .300bo & Grendel do those much better.
Best mag selection. Want 60 or 100 rnd drums? 5.56
Pencil profile barrels. My 5.56 upper is a lightweight 14.5” mid length, so it’s the lightest & softest shooter in my collection.
In ARs I shoot 5.56, 9mm, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .300bo and now 6.5 Grendel. Once I burn thru my stack of surplus 5.45x39 I’ll probably retire that upper since 7n6 isn’t imported anymore. Anything imported is subject to political changes. A panic buy might jump the price of 5.56 or 9mm but it’s also gonna come back.
Only things 5.56 don’t do well is take down a deer or a hog or perform ‘optimally’ thru short barrels. 7.62x39, .300bo & Grendel do those much better.

