Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Adjustable gas block required for suppressed Larue UU kit?
#5
LRRPF52 Wrote:18" MLGS with a suppressor that generates a lot of back-pressure is a recipe for early unlocking and excessive wear on the extractor and bolt, even in 5.56 NATO.

I would consider cutting the barrel length and permanently attaching the AAC 51T with pin & weld, bringing your barrel to 16".

I would then use the Bootleg Adjustable gas block.

Or you could just use the Tranquilo and Tranquilo suppressor without modifying anything, as it's designed to work with the system.

Investing in another suppressor isn’t happening at this point, and chopping the barrel and pinning the mount would seem to defeat the purpose of going with the Larue kit from the start.

I was looking into the Bootleg bolt carrier. A buddy uses one on his suppressed 300BO running supers and likes it. Does it cut down on bolt velocity/early unlocking just like an adjustable gas block, or is it a half measure compared to regulating the amount of gas that enters the system at the very beginning?

I’ll be using an AAC SDN-6 30cal can, so there’s a bit more volume and a larger bore, compared to a dedicated 6.5 suppressor.

Guess I’ll see what happens with the Hornady AG ammo and OEM Larue bits go from there.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Adjustable gas block required for suppressed Larue UU kit? - by towerofpower93 - 11-30-2018, 01:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)