Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Decisions, decisions
#6
I called Precision Firearms and the owner Mark answered: he was very nice and willing to answer my many questions. I enquired whether the Les Baer barrel was in fact .264 or a Les Baer barrel cut to 6.5G. The Les Baer barrel option is in fact .264 not 6.5G. Although he says his tolerances are tight but not tight enough to cause FTF. He also offers Lothar barrels fluted and threaded for another $100 while still utilizing the national match carrier chambered in 6.5G. The Les Baer barrel cannot be fluted or threaded without voiding the warranty. I will be opting for the Lothar barrel since its still in my budget. Apparently he also offers another barrel called a "logia" or "losia" with a custom matched carrier and bolt for an additional $200 which puts me out of my budget.

I also enquired about upgrading to a zero fail bolt just for the sake of reliability however he says the stock phosphate bolt should be utilized because they're matched to the carrier from AA. Apparently he was one of the few authorized AA sellers before 6.5G went SAAMI.

He also offers a matched billet lower with a one piece trigger guard. My question to you guys is that do you think a matched lower matters? I plan on using an Aero lower with an accuwedge. Opinions on a matched lower as far as decreasing or increasing accuracy? I plan on using this rifle for targets at up to 1000yds. I would love to shoot sub MOA but I fear the rifle will be more accurate than I ever could be as I'm not an experiences long range shooter. I also plan on hunti with this rifle so accuracy is important but a gnats ass at a 1000yds is great but not a prerequisite (mostly because of my apprehension about doing my part in making such a shot).
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Decisions, decisions - by MF'nLeadFarmer - 01-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Decisions, decisions - by Mutt - 01-09-2012, 04:06 AM
Decisions, decisions - by Rust - 01-09-2012, 05:24 AM
Decisions, decisions - by blackfoot - 01-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Decisions, decisions - by leopard6.5 - 01-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Decisions, decisions - by MF'nLeadFarmer - 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Decisions, decisions - by closetohome - 01-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Decisions, decisions - by Whelenon - 01-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Decisions, decisions - by closetohome - 01-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Decisions, decisions - by PrecisionFirearms - 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Decisions, decisions - by bwaites - 01-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Decisions, decisions - by elkbow - 01-16-2012, 08:09 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)