05-25-2018, 06:00 PM
montana Wrote:No Stan, I was never a bully. I never started any fight, but I never ran from one either.Ha! You sound exactly like my best friend. He said he constantly got in fights in high school, but never started any of them.
montana Wrote:Life is not care bears and unicorns and to believe other wise is a fools game.Our experiences were vastly different. I don't recall ever seeing (or even hearing) of any fights between other kids in any of the five different schools I went to, and was only challenged to a fight myself just once during those 12 years. That was in elementary school, and it really wasn't much of a fight, being stopped by a teacher right after I gave the kid a bloody nose. As a result, I may have sorta thought that life was care bears and unicorns. :o
montana Wrote:I guess we grew up in different worlds. It would have been suicide to throw a rock at a persons house in my youth.No, no. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about in your youth. I meant in the present day. If your neighbor were to make harassing phone calls to you, or throws rocks at your house, you're expected to call the police. If you try to "deal with it" yourself by going over and beating him bloody, there's a good chance that you will be arrested.
Or maybe I'm wrong, and you could get away with that in Montana?
montana Wrote:That is the point Stan, it is our adversity that makes us who we are. Life is not fair. It isn't necessarily the winning or easy accomplishments in life that shapes us, but the failures, depredations, humiliations, and hardships we over come that shapes us.Completely agree.
montana Wrote:You may not have been physically imposing Stan, but your keen wit and ability to think is not one of your weaknesses. I cannot see you crying to Gene if one of us was mean to you on this forum LOL. You are one of the best fighters I know LOL.Heh, heh. On the internet, anyone can be fearless.

But no, I wouldn't report anybody to a moderator, for anything said to me. Not on this or any other forum. Never have, never would.
montana Wrote:The old saying: life is like a grinding wheel, it will either highly polish you or grind you to nothing, it all depends on what your made of.Indeed. Some people are made of the toughest steel. I think I'm made of Styrofoam... :eek:
