Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bet-your-life reliability in a 6.5 Grendel AR15 platform?
#28
This thread has a lot of issues in it. But I will give my 2 cents worth.

Just for back ground I spent 25 years chasing terrorist in Israel, and hold the ranking of Master Sniper.

I was born and raised in the USA and grew up reading Jeff Cooper, so for a few years I was the only guy with a 1911. I shot people with it and when I did my job it did it's job for the most part.

I had one incident where I got jumped by a terrorist with a hatchet and we were so close I could bring my rifle to bear. So I grabbed onto him and pulled my 1911 and put 8 rounds into his heart and still he fought on I ended up beating him with the pistol until I was added by one of my guys who put a 5.56 round in the guys head.

I was later forced to go to using a Hi Power and a year later had a similar thing happen to me, but due to having 15 rounds on tap was able to solve the situation myself.

These incidents gave birth to my theory about pistol shooting. As long as it is 9mm or larger what matters is "economics of motion", which means two things how fast are my split times and more important how many rounds can I shoot before I have to reload.

I do not like small pistols with limited number of rounds.

Regarding the FN P90, we tested it in Israel, it sucked for shooting people.

Lastly now down to rifles.

As soon as I get some time I am going to build an AR 6.5 Grendal because it fits what I think is a great rifle for going to the range to keep up my skill set as a sniper. Would I carry a 6.5 for real world use, why not as long as it functions. Do I see the need for it in my life as a civilian for self defense?
Nope.

I have a Tavor, that is as short as a SBR but can travel state to state. If I wanted something shorter to fit in a back pack, I would get a 11.5" AR pistol ans put a LAW folder on it and call it a day.

If you shoot someone as a civilian at long range, it will bite you big time. Why did you feel the need to shoot someone at 300 meters, you could have taken cover etc etc etc.

Regarding Vegas, if he did in fact build shooting platforms back away from the windows and had muslin curtains. The from the ground I can promise you I could take the bad guy out. That is with wars in my background and more sniper missions than I will put out here. Besides you think at a concert they will let you in with your backpack rifle?

I hope this helps.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Bet-your-life reliability in a 6.5 Grendel AR15 platform? - by yoni - 10-30-2017, 02:16 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)