10-27-2017, 03:51 PM
The AR platform is made to feed 223 size cartridges.
Anything else would probably be less reliable.
The 6.5 Grendel shines as a long range cartridge.
I only have shot 223, Grendel and 300BLK from an AR.
The 223 has been impressively reliable in feeding compared to the Grendel.
I have not shot enough 300 BLK to know but it has been reliable also from the little I have shot.
I have been thinkng of buying a 7.5" 300 BLK barrel to make a pistol upper since I consider the little cartridge to be a pistol caliber anyway.
Just compare it to a 357 or 44 mag.
I already have a 7.5" 223 upper and it is fun to shoot.
I heard people complain about muzzle blast but I don't feel or hear anything unusual. A 30-06 from a 22" barrel has much more blast.
Anything else would probably be less reliable.
The 6.5 Grendel shines as a long range cartridge.
I only have shot 223, Grendel and 300BLK from an AR.
The 223 has been impressively reliable in feeding compared to the Grendel.
I have not shot enough 300 BLK to know but it has been reliable also from the little I have shot.
I have been thinkng of buying a 7.5" 300 BLK barrel to make a pistol upper since I consider the little cartridge to be a pistol caliber anyway.
Just compare it to a 357 or 44 mag.
I already have a 7.5" 223 upper and it is fun to shoot.
I heard people complain about muzzle blast but I don't feel or hear anything unusual. A 30-06 from a 22" barrel has much more blast.

