Depends how fast you are pushing it. Out of my 12" Lilja barrel running 2160 fps I can get to 740 yards at 1311 fps with 492 ft pounds.
For deer hunting, I can get about 220 yards running at 1893 fps at 1000 foot pounds. A lot of people say 1000 foot pounds to ethically kill a Midwestern whitetail.
Deer = 220 yards or less.
coyote = how far you think you can shoot. At 1000 yards running 1128 fps you get about 364 foot pounds. So a 500 yard shot is not out of the question, if you are used to shooting that length and have your drop correctly figured. I personally wouldn't go any further than 400 yards on a coyote.
For deer hunting, I can get about 220 yards running at 1893 fps at 1000 foot pounds. A lot of people say 1000 foot pounds to ethically kill a Midwestern whitetail.
Deer = 220 yards or less.
coyote = how far you think you can shoot. At 1000 yards running 1128 fps you get about 364 foot pounds. So a 500 yard shot is not out of the question, if you are used to shooting that length and have your drop correctly figured. I personally wouldn't go any further than 400 yards on a coyote.
""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

