Rambozo Wrote:Here you go a handguard. These are as light as a simple float tube, but have rails.
I've been eyeing this tube as I don't like the weight or handling of a full quad rail.
How do you like the mounting method? I've heard it criticized, yet have not read any documented failures. And the only comparable alternatives use a "pinch" mounting which looks even more dodgy. (Troy is the one some people suggest is better, but has the pinch mount)
To the original poster, the BCG approach I recommend is to get a semi-stripped GI contract M16 carrier with gas key. No bolt. Buy firing pin, bolt key, and retaining pin from your lfav supplier, etc. (I found RRA to be decent quality, no minimum order, and low shipping charges).
G&R tactical had the M16 mil contact Bolt carrier with key. Properly staked, etc. Forget the company name, but they have the GI contract for M4 repair parts.

