Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Looking for suggestions on a stripped upper
#30
Locktite red to bed the barrel for me. Look into grease for the threads.
I use a 1/2 inch breaker bar to loosen as it is reported torque wrench should only be used for tightening.
I've used the tighten to 35fp, loosen three times then tighten till alignment is achieved going up a few fps at a time on the torque wrench with good success. My goal is to take small steps (sometimes many) to avoid passing barrel nut and upper gas tube hole alignment. I always want to stop after tightening rather than having to go back.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Looking for suggestions on a stripped upper - by Bill257 - 10-24-2015, 05:03 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)