Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recoil Questions
#2
Drift Wrote:I never gave much thought to the recoil from my Grendels. But now I may want to mount and hunt hogs with a Night Optic that is rated for 5.56 recoil but not higher. So I have some choices (1) use a 5.56 (2) find a way to mellow out the Grendel recoil by 3 pounds. The simple choice is to use milder loads and 100gr bullets-but I still won't know the g forces and recoil I'm generating . Another choice is using a heaver hunting rifle. But my questions is is there a simple way of doing it ... like switching recoil springs and buffer?

Do you have a good muzzle break on you Grendel...... I have never really noticed a big difference in recoil.... But I have an HBAR barrel with a 2"machined break in mine.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Recoil Questions - by Drift - 06-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Recoil Questions - by martkin64 - 06-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Recoil Questions - by Keep The Change - 06-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Recoil Questions - by cory - 06-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Recoil Questions - by am4966 - 06-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Recoil Questions - by JASmith - 06-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Recoil Questions - by LRRPF52 - 06-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Recoil Questions - by customcutter - 06-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Recoil Questions - by customcutter - 06-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Recoil Questions - by hrdstmax - 06-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Recoil Questions - by Drift - 06-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Recoil Questions - by rabiddawg - 06-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Recoil Questions - by hrdstmax - 06-09-2015, 02:06 AM
Recoil Questions - by 81police - 06-09-2015, 02:07 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)