09-21-2011, 09:14 PM
There were guys in the old forum using 6.8 PRI mags for extended COAL in the Grendel. I'm not sure if they made any mods to them or not.
I've heard people say good things about the AR-Stoner barrels, but still have not been able to determine if they are made in the US or abroad. The AR-Stoner "Nickel Boron" bolt carrier group was an absolute failure. I just checked that product again, and Midway has actually pulled my review, as well as the review from another customer who had the exact same experience...i.e. flaking of the plating, whatever it is. It is nothing like real Nickel Boron as I have on the FailZero BCG's, and Spike's Tactical BCG's, or the receivers I have seen plated in Nickel Boron. I'm actually surprised to see that Midway has pulled the bad reviews on that product. It is a no-star rating in my book.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?pr...ber=593411
I've heard people say good things about the AR-Stoner barrels, but still have not been able to determine if they are made in the US or abroad. The AR-Stoner "Nickel Boron" bolt carrier group was an absolute failure. I just checked that product again, and Midway has actually pulled my review, as well as the review from another customer who had the exact same experience...i.e. flaking of the plating, whatever it is. It is nothing like real Nickel Boron as I have on the FailZero BCG's, and Spike's Tactical BCG's, or the receivers I have seen plated in Nickel Boron. I'm actually surprised to see that Midway has pulled the bad reviews on that product. It is a no-star rating in my book.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?pr...ber=593411
