Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Magazine size
#11
noone Wrote:All my magazines work just fine...even the C-products ones. The most I have had to do was to lightly stone the inside of the feed lips of the magazine to remove the very slight burr. I don't accept magazines that work "most of the time" any more than I accept brakes on my vehicle that work "most of the time". Same idea for parachutes, fire extinguishers, life jackets, seat belts and other devices.

Magazines are simple devices once the engineering, angles, internal and external dimensions are all worked out. There is no reason why a properly designed and maintained magazine shouldn't work 100% of the time (if it is fed good ammo).

Magazines with bent feed lips, dents in the side, feed lips that have been "re-adjusted", dirty magazines, magazines with weak springs, broken welds, and so on are fairly common problems. Rifle and pistol magazines are no different than brakes on an auto. Occasionally, they wear out, or something happens to them. That is when you repair, or replace them.

I don't accept magazines that work "most of the time" either. Problem is, C-products made a horrible product. The first five I bought worked horribly. They were sent back for 5 new mags. They worked OK but were still not 100 percent. Now, C-products is out of business. So, the only option I have is the use what I have or throw them away and have none. The new magazines out there for the Grendel aren't any different than the c-products mags already out there. My Grendel is an exceptional rifle. But, the magazines aren't reliable enough to use it for a SHTF rifle. It's not the one I'd grab if my life depended on it. I'd grab my 5.56 first because I know the magazines work perfect.

There are several reasons why a magazine wouldn't work properly. First is ..... Shitty design. You said that there is no reason why a properly designed magazine shouldn't work properly. Well, C-products didn't design them properly and they don't work properly. If they did, maybe they wouldn't be out of business. "If it's fed good ammo" has absolutely nothing to do with whether a magazine will feed properly or not. The wolf, cycles just the same as my reloads, hornady and AA loads.

I served 20 years in the military. If a magazine has an issue, you stomp it, and leave it on the ground or throw it in the garbage. Magazines are meant to be expendible. But, you can't find a Grendel mag out there that doesn't have issues. They are supposed to work right when they are new in the plastic. Even the cheapest GI issue magazines work better than anything on the market right now for grendels. The problem is, all the magazines that have been sold for Grendels have been garbage. They work "Some times" at best. If I have to adjust feed lips, replace week springs or have broken welds etc on the magaznines I've bought from c-products, they came that way, then I've had to fix them. I don't usually expect to have to redesign a "new in the plastic" product before it works properly. To me that is unacceptable. So, I can only say that they work some times. The rest of the time, I have to modify, adjust, rebuild, or replace parts to get them to work "all the time". But, those are magazines that have been worked on by me. I take credit for them working properly and don't give the credit to the manufacturer. I shouldn't have to remanufacturer them for them to work. They should work new out of the package.

So my initial statement stands. Sometimes they work fine. But, most of the time they don't. That's just the way it is. If you throw away all the Grendel mags that don't work 100 percent, you wouldn't have any magazines and would own a single shot rifle.

So, if you don't like magazines that don't work 100 percent all the time, don't lectered on the matter. That's the way they come.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Magazine size - by vanguard138 - 09-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Magazine size - by Mutt - 09-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Magazine size - by vanguard138 - 09-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Magazine size - by bwaites - 09-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Magazine size - by vanguard138 - 09-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Magazine size - by Bill Alexander - 09-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Magazine size - by StoneTower - 09-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Magazine size - by noone - 09-19-2011, 01:07 AM
Magazine size - by vanguard138 - 09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Magazine size - by LRRPF52 - 09-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Magazine size - by Mutt - 09-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Magazine size - by bwaites - 09-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Magazine size - by txgunslinger - 09-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Magazine size - by LRRPF52 - 09-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Magazine size - by vanguard138 - 09-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Magazine size - by LRRPF52 - 09-22-2011, 03:44 AM
Magazine size - by LRRPF52 - 09-22-2011, 04:02 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)