01-23-2015, 03:01 AM
I had placed an order direct from AA a few weeks ago (for $14.99 - $17.99 per mag - much cheaper than from Midway). But then when they told me they were out of stock and they had no idea when they would be available and the same day Midway had 5 and 10 rd AR Stoner mags and a 25 RD AA mag available, I order them. They came in from Midway and the 5 rd was actually a 10 RD. When I called Midway, I was told that the MIDWAY shipping department affixed the wrong bar code sticker to some 10 rd mags and they would send me a new 5 Rd AR Stoner mag and said I could keep the incorrectly labelled 10 rd mag. (Great customer service!). the 5 rd mag is quite a bit heavier than the 10 rd one due to the weight of the plug (the body of the magazines are identical). Midway's sticker says "SS Black" on the sticker. I cannot tell a bit of difference between the AA 10 rd magazine which came with my AA Upper and the AR Stoner magazine except for the stamping on the bottom plate. (AR Stoner vs. the AA Logo and 6.5 Grendel).
The 26 rd AA magazine I got from Midway is stamped on the bottom with the same AA logo and 6.5 Grendel as well. The Midway affixed sticker says 26 Rnd Alum, but the plastic bag supplied by AA says "steel body". So, I believe the mistake in the description is all Midway's receiving or shipping department and what they might have sent to their webmaster.
The 26 rd AA magazine I got from Midway is stamped on the bottom with the same AA logo and 6.5 Grendel as well. The Midway affixed sticker says 26 Rnd Alum, but the plastic bag supplied by AA says "steel body". So, I believe the mistake in the description is all Midway's receiving or shipping department and what they might have sent to their webmaster.
My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

