Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel II ~vs~ regular grendel.....?
#51
DeadDownRange Wrote:Cory, I'm new here. I dont know who you think I am, but I'm not them. It just seemed weird to me that a throat change designated the cartridge a wildcat. If you go back into 10 years of 308 Winchester production barrels I'm willing to bet that between Winchester, Ruger, Remington, and Savage there are all kinds of slight throat variations.
I really know nothing about the Grendel besides the little that is available on the internet. I do know a fair amount about barrels and chambers though.
GSP, its on the print as a reference, not a headspace callout. There is no throat on a SAAMI go/no-go gage. SAAMI isn't concerned with reloaders and to the best of my knowledge (which I may be incorrect and i apologize if that's the case), pretty much all the factory Grendel ammo fires fine in the AA and "GII" chambers.
Montana, the 264 LBC has a different throat dimension (LBC-.295" vs AA, GII- .300"). LB made a change to the dimensions themselves therefore changed the chamber as opposed to making it different.

Takes SAAMI spec ammo,
Takes SAAMI go gage,
Still not a Grendel?

I guess im just a bit confused about all the fuss over a different throat.

DDR

I have to agree this does sound familiar... I too would like something official from SAAMI stating that the throat is not a part of the spec. In fact, if you or anyone else can produce written substantiated evidence that the throat is not a part of spec I bet everyone here would agree to drop this forever... I know I would. Guys???


Messages In This Thread
6.5 Grendel II ~vs~ regular grendel.....? - by PigOPs - 12-15-2014, 09:42 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)