Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel II ~vs~ regular grendel.....?
#37
The mouthpiece is banned...I cannot search his posts (and I'm not going to spend hours re-reading the lead up to the dust up over chambers).

I certainly haven't said that the compound throat was Nirvana, and all others don't perform. On the contrary, I ordered a "Grendel Match" (.295 neck) for my bolt rifle. It shoots factory ammo fine, but I certainly measured the chamber/throat before sending any factory rounds downrange (my objective is to hand load for this rifle).

There are a lot of folks who show up here asking questions that don't necessarily have the tools or knowledge to validate a non-SAAMI chamber (of course, some do; I'm not trying to cast aspersions to all newcomers). I'm merely suggesting the safest bet is to go true Grendel since it is now SAAMI/CIP'd (and I haven't suggested that AA has said anything else is unsafe).

I fully understand that quite a few match shooters (or anyone else chasing extreme accuracy) may order shorter throats in their quest for accuracy; that reamers wear; that some out there don't like to admit mistakes; etc.
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!


Messages In This Thread
6.5 Grendel II ~vs~ regular grendel.....? - by BjornF16 - 12-14-2014, 03:39 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)