Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel II ~vs~ regular grendel.....?
#11
To answer one of your questions: the Grendel II will shoot factory ammo fine. In fact, there will probably be loads that shoot great in it. It just will most likely not be as versatile across a range of weights and shapes of projectiles. The compound throat was designed to align a variety of projectiles to the freebore. Hopefully some of that makes sense.

Personally if I were to choose a traditional (non-compound) throat I would go with .264lbc because it's neck dimension is tighter which should in theory aid accuracy. However, I reload so I can Taylor a load to a barrel.

Vascar- beat me to it


Messages In This Thread
6.5 Grendel II ~vs~ regular grendel.....? - by PigOPs - 12-12-2014, 02:47 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)