07-09-2020, 11:25 AM
Might take a look at Mighty Armory dies. They are the best that I have used so far. Just my .02.
|
Full length resizing help
|
|
07-09-2020, 11:25 AM
Might take a look at Mighty Armory dies. They are the best that I have used so far. Just my .02.
07-09-2020, 03:43 PM
Briano23 Wrote:Klem, thanks can you suggest fl die till my forster comes in. Not really, I'm a Redding and Forster fan...any one on the shelf will do if its only for 3 months.
07-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Thank you.
07-09-2020, 05:01 PM
these are pretty plain jane, and not bushing dies. they might get you by if you don't have a FL sizing die already, but i thought you did.
https://www.buffaloarms.com/6-5-grendel-...-hor546291
07-10-2020, 09:37 AM
I talked to Wayne very nice and assured me I would be disappointed with the Full length die he said will annealed brass you can expect 0.0005 to .001 run out with a neck tension of 0.001" to 0.002" for neck tension depending on the type of brass used..
Sound Good what do you think.
07-10-2020, 11:05 AM
Briano23 Wrote:I talked to Wayne very nice and assured me I would be disappointed with the Full length die he said will annealed brass you can expect 0.0005 to .001 run out with a neck tension of 0.001" to 0.002" for neck tension depending on the type of brass used.. I am assuming you mean Wayne at Might Armory and that you would not be disappointed with the Full Length die then he is correct. I am getting less than half the runout that he stated when I use Imperial Wax and only coat the body, neck, and inside neck and not any on the shoulders. This is on Lapua brass and I bump the shoulders 1.5/1000" and I only do this for my bolt guns and don't get as anal with my AR. They are kinda expensive but I think they are worth it for their precision. Hope this helped you.
07-10-2020, 06:53 PM
Yes it was Wayne at Mighty armory and I decided to replace my .308 full length die as well and he gave me a discount for buying 2 dies.
I look forward to seeing how well the die work. Again thanks all for your kind help. Briano |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|