Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Just placed an order for my first Grendel Upper!
#21
Para6.5G Wrote:Why Wolf ammo? It is supposed to be great for plinking. The Wolf 6.5 Grendel MPT 120 grain ammo is great stuff but they use large rifle primers. Anyway, I have been looking into getting this ammo: http://www.precisionfirearms.com/m8/6.5%...ition.html

Does anyone know anything about this manufacturer? At the very least the Lapua cases can be reloaded and of course they use the small rifle primers. It is supposedly the best out there.

By all accounts they make great ammunition, spendy, but very well made!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#22
Para6.5G Wrote:Why Wolf ammo? It is supposed to be great for plinking. The Wolf 6.5 Grendel MPT 120 grain ammo is great stuff but they use large rifle primers. Anyway, I have been looking into getting this ammo: http://www.precisionfirearms.com/m8/6.5%...ition.html

Does anyone know anything about this manufacturer? At the very least the Lapua cases can be reloaded and of course they use the small rifle primers. It is supposedly the best out there.

i called AA and talked to Tracy, Melissa, and Susan about this company and even thought they said they are licensed, AA said they are not.

i bought the wolf because its reloadable, and it was .65 per round. just buying the brass was .60 so for me it was a no-brainer.
Reply
#23
Hey I shot some 123AMAX from wolf brass using TAC and it was pretty damned acccurate.
I could not get wolf primers so I used CCI magnum primers.

it was 28.5 grains of TAC

It did not suck.
Reply
#24
warped Wrote:Hey I shot some 123AMAX from wolf brass using TAC and it was pretty damned acccurate.
I could not get wolf primers so I used CCI magnum primers.

it was 28.5 grains of TAC

It did not suck.

does your load call for magnum primers? from hogdons website it specifies federal 205M, which are match grade small rifle primers.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)