500, good choice. I know there are other good barrels out there but I've never been disappointed by my Saterns.
Did you go with the SAAMI spec. chamber or the LBC264?
It will be worth it once the wait is over.
Good luck and great shooting.
Lee
I went with SAAMI spec. What gas block do you guys recommend? I believe it needs to be a .875 block. Do I need an adjustable block?
.875 blocks are a bit less common than some other sizes. Take a look at which handguard you want to spec and make sure you've got room for an adjustable block inside...or outside the guard. I've got a Templar Race Rail, and really like it's slender profile and shape, but it's really limited for space, so much so that I don't have an adjustable block, and have had to fool around with loads, springs, buffers and gas port sizing to make the gun function properly, but it's coming around of late, so I'm a little more comfortable with this limitation. And good choice on the Satern-I've got a 24" gun that is also a shooter, and a bit less temperamental than others.