Posts: 1,973
Threads: 28
Joined: Mar 2017
Greyfox,
Sorry to hear about your hunt.
That always happens to me with deer.
Not with squirrels, which is all I shoot now. 17HM2
Posts: 2,062
Threads: 88
Joined: May 2016
I haven't been hearing a lot of great things in my parts thus far this season, so I don't think your alone. My guess is you probably got to experience one of our wonderful early season snow storms, though.
Let's go Brandon!
Posts: 4,287
Threads: 156
Joined: Jan 2017
10-26-2017, 10:59 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 11:04 PM by grayfox.)
BFT/Stonehendge...
This is true! And as a series of "op checks" my gear did really well.
and the GPS app on my phone came in real handy!!
Learned a thing or two.
So not a total wash.
Bj, yeah same happens to me w/ deer... but the 2 I saw last year, well, I shot but missed - all my fault.
Hence this year I've been practicing shooting techniques a bunch.
We'll see what the deer season brings (rifle doesn't start in Va 'til mid-Nov).
6.5's are still gonna be my bread n butter. Especially the Grrrr.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Posts: 384
Threads: 15
Joined: Jan 2017
I have been out hunting hog and whitetail several times this year on public land and have an empty freezer to show for my efforts. Sometimes it's tough. Lots of deer on my home range. The Mini will get the job done next month when I head there.
"I rarely give a definite answer" - TG
Posts: 1,568
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
gf - this year makes 20 yrs since I went wondering in the woods and I miss it. But, at least I get to listen to stories of "there I was and just to my left out stepped .... ". Even if you didn't see one, you got to replenish the mind pictures and smells to last until the next time. We still like to hear the stories,