explorecaves
Unregistered
LRRPF52 Wrote:I have a hard time finding anything that really compares to Vortex when talking about bang for buck. I have had nothing but solid reliability from all my Vortex scopes, spotting scope, binos, and red dot sights, and I don't treat them well at all.
And don't forget the no questions asked lifetime warranty...
Posts: 2,737
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2013
explorecaves Wrote:And don't forget the no questions asked lifetime warranty...
For ANYONE - first, second etc. owner. When they say "no questions", they mean it. If you could pick up a busted up one, on the cheap, you could feasibly send it back for brand new!
I got me a US Optics SR-8 1x8 and a SN-3 3.2x17 and both have greate glass. the price stung a little but you only pay once. I have both of my US Optics scopes on Larue 20 MOA QD mounts.
I swap them between rifles and they are pretty accurate once they are leveled and zeroed . Both S&B and USO make their lenses in house. most other scope glass is from asia.
I have a vortex viper 6.5 x20 pa that is awesome however I'm wanting to go lower power for a better close range hinting rig. I'd like to find a 4x16 power for a couple hundred
As far as power is concerned I run a 3.5-15 on my grendel and regularly shoot out to 700yds.
I was fortunate enough to be able to get a Night Force NXS but I shoot next to a couple of vortex pst's and they are excellent scopes. My son bought himself the 2.5-10 ffp pst for 700$. Awesome scope for the money, in fact, i was told that NF has put out a lower powered scope non ffp in the 900$ range. Now why did they do that, vortex and maybe a couple of others stealing business. In fact I have a Trijicon Accupoint that will be traded for a Vortex like my sons at some point this year. Right now they seem a little hard to find.
heinz57grendel
Unregistered
I am really heavily leaving toward the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm from Camera Land, just cant quite swing the funds today. Does anyone have experience with the Lucid L5? I saw one the other day and didn't think the glass was to bad. I don't think they have the warranty of a Vortex though.
Posts: 2,737
Threads: 44
Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:I generally go mid range in the toys I buy but Grenny is my pride and joy so she deserves something special.
Just a reminder - don't let impatience drive this decision...
Posts: 370
Threads: 15
Joined: Oct 2012
I just received a Vortex Viper HS 4 - 16 x 50 with the XLR FFP reticle from Camera Land. I found it on Amazon.com of all places for $699.00 I haven't shot it yet because I will not have my barrel until April but it is really, really nice. The XLR reticle has 32 MOA of elevation showing with the scope turned to 16x. That is more than enough to get me out to 1000 yards using holdover with a 123 AMAX or SST started at 2600 FPS.
I know I am going to be ridiculed and maybe even burned at the stake, but I took the plunge and bought the Lucid L5. I went to my buddy at a local gunshop and looked at the Vortex viper 6.5-20x50 that I was leaning toward and the Lucid L5, Not being able to tell anything indoors we went out in the street and looked out across a large lake. I could not tell any difference in the glass at all but it had more features that I liked. I found it a lot cheaper online than even my buddy could give it to me for. Next week it is going in to be dipped so I will post more pics.
Now that is some funny sh............
Posts: 1,827
Threads: 111
Joined: Jun 2011
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
I like my Vortex 4x16 FFP MRAD scope.
The IR works good in low light.
Would like to get a NF but I'd probably end up in the dog house.
For hunting I like Leupold.
One more person who has had bad experiences with Millett. Inconsistent to zero repeatability. They will fix it every time you send it back but after a while the shipping gets expensive.
As long as you are still looking, I would suggest taking a look at a Sightron Slll.
Posts: 84
Threads: 12
Joined: Aug 2013
Millet....Run Forest Run!!!