Final change for now is the SWFA 12X scope. Mounted the new scope yesterday and another resighting in. More ammo thrown down range and this time ready to move on out to 100+ yards. I am pleased with the grouping of the 24" barrel at close range. The barrel is still breaking in but it looks like the old gunner has some improvements on that end. The gun is doing it's part.
In the scope change again different height mounts we're used. I've got a good scope view an cheek weld. For a 42mm optic and the 30mm tube this SWFA has a very good picture. Clear enough to see blue birds in their color clear at 300+ yards. I mean from belly to the top. I like the fine retical lines. Now to get use to the rear parallax vs SF. I am scope poor once again. Got a shelf full.
Cold and rain coming for today so shop time will be barrel cleaning on the gendel and back to my other hobby.
Thanks!
Here you go. Range finder 100 yds. 57 degrees little to no wind.
Black 123 ELD.
I had a few nice groups going but thru the flyer. Gunner error. This is off the bi pod and bagged at the rear. I have maybe 4 boxes of ammo down the pipe. I think the barrel is good to go. The Gunner is another story.
Sighted in at 45 at 4" high. At 100 it was supper high. Had to work the adj in the scope. I'm done for the day. Not a great group but at least the gun is showing potinual.
Everyone rags on BCA but I've had nothing but great luck and dealings with them. They might as well be Les Bear Creek compared to AR Stoner products. I've had worse dealings with Midway USA and Del-Ton ordering wise.
BCA's problem is they're terribly under staffed and sell a product that's at it's highest demand ever. With their prices they're just not equipped for the demand. Though I would imagine that creates a situation where they pressure their supply houses to hurry up and that creates quality control issues.
Little late I know, but I bought a 18" SS BCA 6.5 Grendel Barrel, 1:8 5R. Anderson receiver, cheap 12" free float handguard, cheap gas block, Brownells BCG
and could not be happier. I think I paid under $100 for the barrel on sale at Classic Firearms. All mounted on Anderson lower with Velocity 3.5# trigger. Have used it for over a year now. Would not be afraid to buy BCA or buy from Classic again. Pleased with both.