• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • am4966
    Chieftain
    • Jul 2014

11.5-12.5 barreled Grendel owners

I was on the short barrel section on Arfcom. A member asked about a 12" grendel look what his first reply was

I had a pinned 14.5" Grendal. I sold it and am back to a 20". Unlike the 6.8 and 300 blackout which are designed for and better suited for a shorter barrel, the Grendal was designed for a longer barrel. Just looses to much, IMHO.
    12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
    Surge - Rugged Suppressor
    Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Hehehe!
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

What's a "Grendal"?

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

Guys, he did say. "IMHO".

Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• burnsome
          Warrior
          • Jun 2011

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

It's one of the myths that has been repeated over and over, but just doesn't hold water. If all you are looking at is muzzle velocity, then you will have a really incomplete picture. A lot of people are still in that mindset where mv is the only number they really look at, and still have yet to start thinking about BC and on-target effects.

The more informed people become about BC and its relationship to retained energy, the sooner the lightbulb comes on. I had to go through this process when I started shooting long range, and you can distinctly hear the difference on steel at distance.

An SBR 6.5 Grendel is the most capable, compact AR15 combination out there right now, if we're talking factory ammo availability. When you look at the 123gr-130gr options, the retained energy is substantial.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Unlike the 6.8 and 300 blackout which are designed for and better suited for a shorter barrel, the Grendal was designed for a longer barrel. Just looses to much, IMHO.
              Typical inanity.

If you wanna play the muzzle-velocity game, once we get purpose-designed lightweight bullets for the 6.5 Grendel ours are gonna blow theirs away. About half the wind drift and half the drop and smacking harder at range cuz they keep velocity.

I Photochopped our 6.5 95gr vs. their 6.8 95gr. You tell me which one's gonna fly better. . . .
              Attached Files
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• wraith1516
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

Who manufactures that 6.5 95 gr bullet

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Nobody makes it, it's my Photoshopped concept. Nothing unusual about it; build it, and they will come!
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                  X