Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Green Monster
#1
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here and I just wanted to post a few pics of my Rifle. I've seen a lot of really nice Grendel rifles around here and I'm happy to be able to post a few of mine. Here is the Spec list.

MILTAC Industries matched upper and lower (7075-T6 billet with matching serial numbers)
Magpul ACS-L stock
MIAD GRIP,
Geissele Super Tricon trigger (2.5 lbs)
BCM Charge Handle with oversized latch
Lancer carbon Fiber Rail
19" Odin Works Barrel 1/8 twist w/ Seekins ATC compensator
Troy battle sights,
Vortex HS-LR 6x24x50 scope
UTG bi-pod
Custom Cerakote in OD Green with black furniture.

I build this bad boy from the ground up, and I nick named it "the green monster". I've built close to a dozen of these rifles, but this one is my favorite (because it's mine!). I'll post some photos of the other Grendel I've built as well. I've got excellent results out to 900M. I just started hand loading and once I get a load dialed in I'm going to try to push it farther. I built this gun for one reason, wolf hunting. I'm hoping to slay a real big one this year with it.

Thanks for checking it out!

Bryce
Reply
#2
TheGreenMonster Wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm new here and I just wanted to post a few pics of my Rifle. I've seen a lot of really nice Grendel rifles around here and I'm happy to be able to post a few of mine. Here is the Spec list.

MILTAC Industries matched upper and lower (7075-T6 billet with matching serial numbers)
Magpul ACS-L stock
MIAD GRIP,
Geissele Super Tricon trigger (2.5 lbs)
BCM Charge Handle with oversized latch
Lancer carbon Fiber Rail
19" Odin Works Barrel 1/8 twist w/ Seekins ATC compensator
Troy battle sights,
Vortex HS-LR 6x24x50 scope
UTG bi-pod
Custom Cerakote in OD Green with black furniture.

I build this bad boy from the ground up, and I nick named it "the green monster". I've built close to a dozen of these rifles, but this one is my favorite (because it's mine!). I'll post some photos of the other Grendel I've built as well. I've got excellent results out to 900M. I just started hand loading and once I get a load dialed in I'm going to try to push it farther. I built this gun for one reason, wolf hunting. I'm hoping to slay a real big one this year with it.

Thanks for checking it out!

Bryce

Sweet rifle builds, I especially like yours with the carbon handguard... Where in Idaho are you? I'm in the Lewiston/Clarkston Valley...
Reply
#3
Thank you, they were a lot of fun to build. I'm in Boise area. Nice to meet you!
Reply
#4
helluva collection of excellent Grendel porn. wow!
Reply
#5
Odin works makes a Grendel barrel? FYI those are nice builds I'm so jealous Wink
Reply
#6
Where did you find a grendel barrel from Odin works. Also awesome build and would love to see some wolf pictures when you get one.
Reply
#7
Miltac is a company and they have a Grendel offering. Looked around the website and they don't have just a upper in the Grendel but they do offer just uppers in other calibers. I also didn't see any barrel/bolt combos but who knows what they'd do if you asked.
Reply
#8
am4966 Wrote:Odin works makes a Grendel barrel? FYI those are nice builds I'm so jealous Wink

They did for a while, I don't see it on the website anymore but I was able to get ahold of 5 for these builds. I live really close to Odin works, and we had purchased other barrels from them for 5.56 builds and got the low down on the Grendel barrels. I shoots great and I had them do mine with a small gas port so I could drill it out to my own specs. They are awesome people.
Reply
#9
am4966 Wrote:Miltac is a company and they have a Grendel offering. Looked around the website and they don't have just a upper in the Grendel but they do offer just uppers in other calibers. I also didn't see any barrel/bolt combos but who knows what they'd do if you asked.

MILTAC will do any caliber Upper you want. They are all custom builds, and I've done many Grendel uppers in my time there. Often people will purchase a complete rifle with a Grendel upper. They don't stock Grendel Barrel/bolt combos for sale. If anyone is interested in an ODIN Works combo I can stop in and talk to my contact there and see about getting those available again.
Reply
#10
Good looking Grendels, I agree with you on the OD Green, it makes a good looking rifle. Most of the furniture I've bought is ODG.
Reply
#11
What barrel do they use when they do get a Grendel order. I know you mentioned they used to get Odin Works barrels. I'm curious.
Reply
#12
am4966 Wrote:What barrel do they use when they do get a Grendel order. I know you mentioned they used to get Odin Works barrels. I'm curious.

Odin was the bulk of the barrels used. It just depends on what the customer was looking for. Some requested Shilen barrels so we used those. They reported excellent results with both. I'm not sure if they are still using ODIN barrels.
Reply
#13
achristian8 Wrote:Where did you find a grendel barrel from Odin works. Also awesome build and would love to see some wolf pictures when you get one.

I got lucky! I ordered some 5.56 pistol barrels in 7" and 10" and happened to mention doing some custom Grendel rifles while in their shop. They said they were making a limited quantity and I put myself down for some. They're all gone now, fortunately I got my hands on one for personal use.
Reply
#14
Thats a nice rifle, can you help me buid one?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)