Posts: 9
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2014
10-03-2014, 11:26 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 11:45 PM by scubadiver59.)
Finally got everything put together and heading to the range tomorrow.
Still need to source a good scope and mount...just put on a Nikon Buckmaster to run some rounds through it this weekend and break in the barrel.
- Mega SBU Upper (milled for left-side charge)
- Custom Nib Carrier, threaded for charge handle, and Maxim Firearms 9310 Type-II Bolt
- 24" Lilja double-fluted, hand-lapped AR-24 SS barrel
- Performance Firearms (Incendia Arms) Billet Lower (w/Ambi Bolt Lock back)
- CMMG Lower Parts Kit
- A2 Buffer
- Seekins SP3R v3 handguard
- JP Enterprises SS Compensator
- Mapul Plus Grip & PRS (foliage green)
- B&T Industries Atlas Bipod & Accu-Shot Monopod
- C Products 10-round Magazine w/loop base plate replacement
- Nikon 4.5-14x40 (1") Buckmaster Scope
- Weaver 1" Picatinny Scope Mount
Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Great looking rifle, might I suggest a 20 MOA scope base as it really helps if you intend to shoot out past 800 yards.
Posts: 9
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2014
10-04-2014, 11:13 AM
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014, 11:17 AM by scubadiver59.)
VASCAR2 Wrote:Great looking rifle, might I suggest a 20 MOA scope base as it really helps if you intend to shoot out past 800 yards.
After reading several recent threads, and upon the recommendation of my gun source, I had planned on a 20MOA mount, and the cost isn't an issue with that piece of equipment; however, the cost of the scope, a good one, will be equal to or greater than the cost of the gun unless I go with something like a Vector or NF.
Funny how that works out that way...
Posts: 9
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2014
Adam Lilja Wrote:Looks good!
Thanks! No fancy finishes like some of the rifles I've seen, and some of them are really quite impressive, but as long as it groups well I'll be happy!
Posts: 121
Threads: 10
Joined: Aug 2013
Nice looking rifle. Let us know how she shoots.
quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!
Posts: 11
Threads: 2
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 123
Threads: 2
Joined: Oct 2012
Looks great. Should shoot the lights out.
Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF
Posts: 240
Threads: 31
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2014
waveslayer Wrote:how does it shoot?
I still haven't made it out due to work--we have an upcoming IG inspection (I work for the Army as a contractor) and we're surging--so I probably won't get out until next weekend and shoot at the local wild live management area.
I'm also joining the Quantico Shooting Club today before heading to work. The sad part is that it looks like they're having the last rec shoots for the year this weekend. Work sucks! Despite this, however, they look like they're having a few inner-club competitions between now and December, so maybe I'll make it out to one of those.
Posts: 713
Threads: 42
Joined: Feb 2014
Good looking rifle, good job. BANG BANG!!
Posts: 9
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2014
Looks like joining the Quantico SC was a good idea!
They're open every weekend...except the Holidays! They have a contracted EMT (required for range opening) on-site every Sat & Sun for six hours each day, and I can become a RSO/OIC and open any of the ranges not in use by the military or where there's a competition going on. The only downturn is that if you're the RSO you can't shoot; however, if you have another qualified RSO shooting with you, you can trade off duties and he can play RSO while you shoot!
Another benefit is that if you perform five, or more, RSO openings in a calendar year, you get the next year's membership free!!
There are four rifle ranges: #1 is 300yds, #2 & #3 are 600yds, and #4 is 1000yds. You just have to build your own target stand (PVC base and wood target frame) and you're good to go.
Don't know why I didn't join before!!
scubadiver59 Wrote:I still haven't made it out due to work--we have an upcoming IG inspection (I work for the Army as a contractor) and we're surging--so I probably won't get out until next weekend and shoot at the local wild live management area.
I'm also joining the Quantico Shooting Club today before heading to work. The sad part is that it looks like they're having the last rec shoots for the year this weekend. Work sucks! Despite this, however, they look like they're having a few inner-club competitions between now and December, so maybe I'll make it out to one of those.
Posts: 59
Threads: 8
Joined: Oct 2014
If I may make a recommendation on the glass / mount...
Redfield Battlezone
http://www.redfield.com/battlezone/
LaRue Tactical SPR mount
http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tacti...-qd-lt-104