broken case extraction
#1
Hey, I just got my first broken case ( 6.5 G.) stuck in the chamber. I don't have any broken shell extractor tools. I have tried different easy-out/reamers that fit, being very careful, but nothing can get a grip. Any ideas out there to try. Thanks, Dave.
Reply
#2
I've heard tell that using an oversized bronze bore brush can do the deed. .45 seems to be about right, iirc.
Reply
#3
NugginFutz Wrote:I've heard tell that using an oversized bronze bore brush can do the deed. .45 seems to be about right, iirc.

Works amazingly well!
Reply
#4
Hooray! Now why didn't I think of that. Thanks, Dave.
Reply
#5
De nada
Reply
#6
Had that happen on me with one of my FALs. I took it apart and put in the freezer over night. In the morning took a chamber brush and out it can.
Reply
#7
usmc, I tried a lot of things including the freezer I just didn't use a big enough bore brush.
Reply
#8
Did you get it out?
Reply
#9
It popped out like a champ. Up and running again.
Reply
#10
Trick is to use one slightly oversized for the bore. Enough that it pushes the bristles backwards about 45 degrees. It was either 7mm or 30 cal that worked perfect for me.

Push it into the bore from the chamber end, then pull back

The bristle tips push against the neck rim, plenty of engagement. Does not take inserting it far, with mine just about 1/2 into the bore was enough.
Reply
#11
Mine workers like a charm. Brass and steel contract differently at the same temp. K ow I have several shell extractors handy. Does anyone know if a 7.62*39 shell extractor work on the Grendel case?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)