Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013
03-20-2014, 01:31 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2014, 05:21 PM by Adam Lilja.)
Finally got all the main components for my rifle and hand tightened them all up to make sure everything is jivin' before they head to cerakote. Plan on making this my predator/deer rifle to replace that junk .223 round
Lilja AR-740 20" Flute
Defiance Machine matched billet upper/lower
Magpul CTR (from PF)
Unique-AR Cobb Web handguard (rails can be put on top or bottom only.)
Hipertouch 24 Trigger (not here yet)
Magpul MIAD grip (from PF)
PF Carrier, Trigger, Buffer Assemblies and a few odds and ends
Leupold Mark AR 1-4 (not shown)
VLTOR charging handle (from PF)
I didn't assemble roll pin parts so don't give me hell
explorecaves
Unregistered
Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013
03-20-2014, 01:45 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2014, 02:28 AM by Adam Lilja.)
How bout now?
Posts: 1,717
Threads: 60
Joined: Feb 2013
Looking good, I like the upper receiver and the HG.
Posts: 345
Threads: 22
Joined: Mar 2012
I see it now,,,looks really good. If you don't like the Magpul MIAD grip, try the Hogue 15000,.,., sometimes you can catch them on sale for like 12 bucks. I have them on all my AR's.
Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013
Tedward Wrote:Looking good, I like the upper receiver and the HG. 
explorecaves
Unregistered
Interesting handguard. What is your plan for cerakoting?
Posts: 2,982
Threads: 194
Joined: Jun 2012
Looks good. Try the other back for the MIAD. I have them on all of mine. I like the back that doesn't cover the curve of the lower.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013
Buster Wrote:I see it now,,,looks really good. If you don't like the Magpul MIAD grip, try the Hogue 15000,.,., sometimes you can catch them on sale for like 12 bucks. I have them on all my AR's.
I have an Ergo Suregrip to swap out with.
Straight black explorecaves
Posts: 692
Threads: 63
Joined: Nov 2011
Looks sweet. I'm digging the handguard
Who did your barrel work?
....ss ss ss ss ss ss ss ss ss ss
That handguard looks crazy. We need more of them!
Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 215
Joined: Jun 2011
Beautiful, the hand guard and receivers make one unique build. The Grendel Black Widow AR , awesome! I'm looking forward to pictures when you get your cerakote done.
Posts: 75
Threads: 6
Joined: Dec 2013
It is Purdy....Can't wait to see it when complete..
Dave
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 55
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013
Built up another Grendel and a 5.56 (not shown) today, though I am waiting on barrels still. The irony is not lost on me.
Posts: 246
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2012
That thing is dead sexy! I'll bet it is a hammer! Please post pics when you get it coated.
Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013
Got my gun back from Robar Guns finally

Exterior is
Roguard True Black, all interior parts are their
NP3 coating that is bound on the molecular level with Teflon, supposedly won't ever need lubrication. The NP3 is on the silver parts and is very slick to the touch. Scope and mounts are backups until I decide what I want on it. Trigger is being replaced with a Hiperfire (the stock trigger group is all NP3 coated and for sale FYI, as is the Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4). I plan to throw a set of bi-pods on as well. Very happy with the coating job.
Posts: 267
Threads: 18
Joined: Dec 2013