Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Finally!
#1
This is not my first Grendel, just the first one that actually works.

[Image: IMAG0631_zpsb63523ad.jpg]

Ace Stock
Black Hole Weaponry 18" Barrel
Unknown Free Upper that came with barrel
RedXArms BCG
Rock River Arms Free Float Forearm (modified)
Unknown Grip (was laying around from another build)
PA 4x14 FFP Scope and mount
Harris Bi-pod
YHM 7.62 QD Mount and Suppressor
Paint done at home

1/2 MOA in first 20 rounds with factory Hornady 123 A-Max ammo (it would probably be better in more capable hands.)
Reply
#2
Nice looking rig. Glad it worked out for you...I thought you had bailed on the Grendel once you sold all that ammo.

1/2 MOA is nothing to sneeze at...nicely done.

What type of paint did you use?
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Reply
#3
SMM123 Wrote:This is not my first Grendel, just the first one that actually works.

[Image: IMAG0631_zpsb63523ad.jpg]

Ace Stock
Black Hole Weaponry 18" Barrel
Unknown Free Upper that came with barrel
RedXArms BCG
Rock River Arms Free Float Forearm (modified)
Unknown Grip (was laying around from another build)
PA 4x14 FFP Scope and mount
Harris Bi-pod
YHM 7.62 QD Mount and Suppressor
Paint done at home

1/2 MOA in first 20 rounds with factory Hornady 123 A-Max ammo (it would probably be better in more capable hands.)

Looks great and those are great scopes for the $$. I have one too and think its awesome. Nice paint job, plan to help my son do something like that but a little different colors for the Easter US.

Did you use a Type I or Type II bolt with that barrel? I saw those for sale and just didn't know what bolt they used. Also if is a Type I, is that just a 7.62x39 bolt???

nice rig...and looks quite, do you need ear plugs?
Reply
#4
Heck ya!! Very nice looking rifle. I wish I could garner up enough sureness so I could Wahlberg mine. Nice job,, that looks very nice. BANG BANG!!
Reply
#5
BjornF16 Wrote:Nice looking rig. Glad it worked out for you...I thought you had bailed on the Grendel once you sold all that ammo.

1/2 MOA is nothing to sneeze at...nicely done.

What type of paint did you use?

I had/have a LOT of ammo. It is so hard to get, I stocked up when it was available.

I used Rust-oleum camouflage flat rattle can paint.



Tedward Wrote:Looks great and those are great scopes for the $$. I have one too and think its awesome. Nice paint job, plan to help my son do something like that but a little different colors for the Easter US.

Did you use a Type I or Type II bolt with that barrel? I saw those for sale and just didn't know what bolt they used. Also if is a Type I, is that just a 7.62x39 bolt???

nice rig...and looks quite, do you need ear plugs?

It was a Type I barrel, so I just used a 7.62x39 bolt carrier. No ear plugs required...Big Grin
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)